Najdi Články Tabule Videotéka Wiki Fórum Seznamka Bazar Více

ASTNC's love interest are varied

rodeoneerer

ASTNC's love interest are varied

Příspěvekod rodeoneerer v úte 28.čer 2022 04:28

Welcome to the alternate timeline in the distant future of 20XX, where arcades are still king. You play Seeker/Sydney Moore (handle and name can be changed) an aspiring pro gamer, trying to make your way onto the pro tour for your favorite game Fist of Discomfort 2 (FoD2). The desire is heightened when your friend/rival nabs a spot on one of the top teams in the world.

Games and the people playing them have always been the heart Arcade Spirits, and the sequel is no exception. You immediately get to know your new team and together embark on a life-changing journey of training montages, heartfelt moments, extreme drama, and shenanigans in order to whip you and your group into shape to become a league of legends in the esports world. If that sounds inspiring to the point of fantasy then good, because as I quickly learned, it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows in the world of competitive gaming. Far from it.

But that’s exactly the sort of place where a reclusive gamer with an unhealthy obsession with winning can find friendship, love, and—perhaps most important of all—perspective. Winning isn’t everything, and this unexpected encounter with Team Good (pizza) Clean (laundry) Fun (games) is exactly what you need to learn that lesson.

ASTNC’s love interest are varied but also feel like real people. While they each have their moments, they don’t come off as tropes. And with the choice between two guys, three women, and a non-binary person, I found myself eager to see what each person was about. The game also has the option to skip out on romance entirely if you wish and just friend it up with the cast if you so choose. I do need to note that almost everyone in this game is quippy, including the MC, which might not be for everyone. I found myself laughing some of the time and eye-rolling others, which I believe is the desired outcome of the text.

A direct personification of your challenges comes in the form of your rival, Hunter. They can be customized in whichever way you like and you get the option to choose whether you two have more of a friendly rivalry, or one that has both of you butting heads non-stop. I went for the latter rivalry, which allowed me to experience a person who I’d safely dub as ‘toxic person who makes the gaming community look bad.’ This version of Hunter revels in ‘pwning’ noobs and rubbing it in their faces, and will go out of their way to screw you over both inside and outside of games. Them joining up with the best esports team in the world (one that you dreamed about joining as a hotshot FOD2 player) is what pushes you over the edge in the first place, driving you into the arms of your own esports team.

A game like Arcade Spirits is always going to be full of references to other games and pop culture, quotes, and nods to various moments of game industry history. It’s a style of humour that fits the theme and contextually appropriate, and the gags often quite funny—assuming it’s a reference you understand. But at the same time, there’s a point where diminishing returns kick in… and when you’ve got two “I want to be the very best, like no one ever was” Pokemon jokes within the first half hour of the game, you’re past that point. Despite some genuinely funny jokes and character-building moments, The New Challengers overplays its referential humour, often to an annoying degree. It’s okay to go more than two lines without name-dropping some famous game or movie, I promise.

While there are a few things that I wanted to be better thought out and wanted to hear more characters talk, Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers is a solid game. A visual novel strength should be in the story and this story is engaging while leaving you wondering what is going to happen next. Each run can be slightly different from the last keeping it fresh when you need it to be.

As one of the top online store, we will offer hot and cheap Arcade Spirits The New Challengers CD Key, buy Arcade Spirits The New Challengers CD Key at https://www.z2u.com/arcade-spirits-the-new-challengers/single-player-9-17532, all our Arcade Spirits The New Challengers CD Key are 100% legal and well-stocked, the transaction is secure, and your personal information will be guaranteed, based on a wealth of experience and a trading team on call, our average delivery speed is 5 minutes or so.

Zpět na poddedem.cz