Najdi Články Tabule Videotéka Wiki Fórum Seznamka Bazar Více

Michael Pineda Jersey

huangjian123

Michael Pineda Jersey

Příspěvekod huangjian123 v čtv 14.bře 2019 04:14

HOUSTON (AP) — Charlie Morton’s start was going to be short; Astros manager A.J. Hinch just didn’t think this short.After noticing a dip in velocity Boone Logan Jersey , Morton left Houston’s 6-2 win over the Los Angeles Angels on Sunday after one inning because of discomfort in his pitching shoulder. That is a potential problem for the World Series champions, who opened a 4½-game lead over second-place Oakland entering the finakl week as they close in on consecutive AL West titles.“He’s battling,” Hinch said. “This is as long as he’s pitched into a season, obviously, where we’ve kind of nursed him at the end. If it was a playoff game, we could have kept pushing him out there.“He was willing to go back out there. I didn’t love the velocity early, and I didn’t want to risk anything given the situation that we’re in. I think he’ll respond fine.”Morton was not available for comment after the game. The Astros said he left to ballpark to be evaluated by a doctor and then went home to be with his wife, who is expecting a child.Hinch said the Astros planned for Morton to pitch three to four innings.The 34-year-old right-hander did not pitch for the Astros from Aug. 28 until Sept. 8 because of right shoulder discomfort. He won his first two starts following his stint on the disabled list, allowing four runs in 11 innings.Morton threw 24 pitches in the first. He gave up a double to Justin Upton, who scored from second on a wild pitch in the dirt that bounced off the glove of catcher Martin Maldonado, who initially had trouble finding the ball.“We thought it was going to be a little bit of a shorter start for Charlie; it was a little bit shorter than we even expected,” Hinch said.Morton is expected to get another start before the regular season ends http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-hader-jersey , Hinch said and that could come in Baltimore next weekend.Yuli Gurriel hit a two-run homer, giving him three homers and 10 RBIs in the three-game series, and Evan Gattis had three hits and two RBIs.“I’m really just happy to help the team at this time especially with the previous games not going so well,” Gurriel said through a translator. “Doing our job is really important for us.”Gurriel hit a two-run homer in the first, extending his hitting streak to nine games, and Gattis added an RBI single for a 3-1 lead.Framber Valdez (4-1) followed Morton and struck out a career-high nine in six innings, allowing one run and three hits. He had been scheduled to start Wednesday at Toronto.“I had a lot of things I needed to improve upon from my previous outings,” Valdez said. “So, I worked on it in the bullpen and my throwing program and working on these things, especially with my mechanics and my command I felt very good coming into the game to be able to apply these into the game today.”Tyler Skaggs (8-9) gave up four runs and five hits in 2 1/3 innings, the fourth straight start he failed to last four innings. Skaggs has given up 22 runs in that span.“Felt good. You know thought I made some good pitches, thought I made some bad pitches Max Kepler Jersey ,” Skaggs said. “Overall just a rough day. They hit my mistakes and falling behind in the count it’s tough to pitch against a team like this.”Gattis added an RBI single in the fifth off Jim Johnson, and Angels rookie Jose Briceno homered in the sixth. Josh Reddick drew a bases-loaded, four-pitch walk from Williams Jerez in the seventh.TRAINER’S ROOMAngels: OF Mike Trout was given the day off. … INF Jose Fernandez is day to day after being hit by a pitch on the right hand in the first inning of Saturday’s game. Scioscia said the hand is sore … INF Andrelton Simmons left Sunday’s game after jamming his right knee in the seventh inning on a play, according to Scioscia. Simmons said his knee is sore but hopes to be able to play Monday at Texas.Astros: OF George Springer was given the day off. … INF Carlos Correa was held out of the lineup for the fourth straight game.UP NEXTAngels: RHP Felix Pena (3-5, 4.20 ERA) will open a series Monday at Texas.Astros: LHP Dallas Keuchel (11-11, 3.71 ERA) starts Monday’s series opener at Toronto. He has given up 12 runs in his last three starts and is seeking his first win since Sept. 3. ST. LOUIS (AP) — Paul DeJong closed out a rough August with two big swings.It’s another positive sign for the rolling St. Louis Cardinals.DeJong hit a three-run homer and a two-run single for a career-high five RBIs, helping Austin Gomber and the Cardinals pound the Cincinnati Reds 12-5 on Friday night.“Just trying to find my rhythm these last couple weeks,” said DeJong, who batted just .202 in August. “I feel like I’ve been struggling a little bit. Just constantly working, trying to find my swing and find my rhythm. Today I felt like it showed up.”Matt Carpenter hit his NL-best 35th homer as St. Louis pulled within 3 1/2 games of NL Central-leading Chicago. Gomber (5-0) pitched seven effective innings and also contributed a two-run double.The surging Cardinals have won eight of 10 to improve to 28-13 since the All-Star break. They also lead the NL wild-card standings.Scooter Gennett and Scott Schebler had three hits apiece for last-place Cincinnati, which has dropped three straight and eight of nine.Homer Bailey (1-13) was charged with seven runs, three earned http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-zach-duke-jersey , and nine hits in five innings.“He’s getting closer and closer being what he can be,” Cincinnati interim manager Jim Riggleman said. “But, as he goes through it, he’s not getting away with anything. Hitters are all over his stuff.”Gennett had an RBI single in the Reds’ two-run first, but the Cardinals took over from there.Gomber hit a tying double before Carpenter connected in the second, sending a drive down the right-field line. DeJong added his 15th homer in the third.The Cardinals have been getting some key hits from their pitching staff lately, including recent homers by starters John Gant and Miles Mikolas.“There’s a lot of competition, we push each other,” Gomber said. “I was able to put a good swing on it, that’s probably the best swing I’ve taken my entire life.”Cincinnati closed to 7-5 when Schebler hit a two-run shot and Jose Peraza added a sacrifice fly in the eighth. But St. Louis responded with five runs in the bottom half.Patrick Wisdom hit his second homer. DeJong drove in Yadier Molina and Jose Martinez, and Yairo Munoz added another two-run single.The Reds dropped 1-18 in Bailey’s 19 starts this year.“I think it’s almost like a snowball effect,” DeJong said about overcoming the early deficit. “We’ve done it a few times Michael Pineda Jersey , come from behind and all of a sudden it becomes our new normal. Whenever we’re down, we don’t expect to stay down and we try to pick each other up. It almost gives us an extra boost.”LOFTY COMPANYCarpenter became the fourth lefty batter to hit at least 35 homers in a season for St. Louis, joining Stan Musial, Jim Edmonds and Johnny Mize.PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHINGMatt Wisler relieved Bailey in his first appearance with Cincinnati. Wisler was acquired in a July 30 trade with Atlanta and recalled from Triple-A Louisville on Friday.Wisler allowed one hit in two scoreless innings. Infielder Brandon Dixon got the final out for the Reds, retiring Wisdom on a fly ball to deep right-center.TRAINING ROOMCardinals: OF Marcell Ozuna (right shoulder inflammation) is expected to be activated Saturday, but manager Mike Schildt said the outfielder will see limited action for the near future. … RHP Michael Wacha (oblique) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Saturday. He has been out since June 21.UP NEXTReds: RHP Luis Castillo (7-11, 5.07 ERA) gets the ball on Saturday. He went 1-3 with a 5.57 ERA in four August starts.Cardinals: RHP Daniel Poncedeleon (0-0, 2.08 ERA) returns as part of the team’s September promotions.

Zpět na poddedem.cz